A+ A A-

Shatura, Russia

Shatura was founded in 1423 but received its city status in 1936. The town is an administrative center of Shaturski region, occupying the southeastern part of Moscow region. It is situated on an area of 270,000 acres. The population in Shaturski region is 71 000, of whom 33 000 live in the town of Shatura.
The Shaturski region is rich in water and forest resources. Here are the largest natural water reservoirs of the Moscow region - the Lakes Svjatoe, Dubovoe, Beloe and Chernoe- Bordukovskoe.
Industry is leading branch in the development of the city and the region, where there are more than 60 enterprises in the fields of energy, wood processing, furniture manufacturing, the production of laser equipment and more.
Agriculture is well developed. Various crops are grown here - cereals, potatoes, fruit.
Two research institutes - in the fields of Laser and Information Technologies and thermodynamics and power stations in Shaturski region.

The Twinning Agreement between Haskovo and Shatura was signed on 27.05.2008.

www.shatura.ru

Copyright © 2012 | All Rights Reserved | Haskovo Municipality | Created by Blue Art